Proactive Tax Planning
If you run your own business or manage investments, you rely on information. Information on products, markets, and customers. Information to make money. And information to keep your money.
You rely on your accountant for some of your most important information. But what does your accountant actually do with that information?
At tax time, your books tell your accountant how much tax you owe. You scramble for more receipts and more deductions. But by tax time, it’s usually too late to do anything more.
Most accountants do a fine job recording history – the history you give them! They compile monthly, quarterly, and annual books and records. At tax time, they put the “right” numbers in the right boxes on the right forms, and file them by the right deadlines. But then they call it a day.
Is that all you really want?
Here’s How to Beat the IRS. Legally!
To minimize your taxes, you need a plan. You need concepts and strategies that leave more on your bottom line, without raising “red flags” or straying into “gray areas.”
It doesn’t matter how good your current accountant is with a stack of receipts on April 15. If you haven’t planned right, by April 15 it’s just too late.
Have you organized your business right? Do you have the right benefit plans for yourself and your employees? Do you have the right retirement plan to prepare for your future. Are you taking advantage of all the legitimate deductions, credits, loopholes, and strategies the tax code offers?
How I’m Different
I don’t just record the history you give me. I go beyond, to give you proactive advice and strategies to help you earn more and keep more.
I’m different because I’m a “Certified Tax Coach.” I give you a proactive plan full of court-tested, IRS-approved strategies for minimizing your taxes.
The “other guys” settle for after-the-fact planning. Too often, that means outdated information, nasty surprises on April 15, and no feeling of control. I give you ongoing coaching and proactive solutions. You enjoy total confidence knowing you pay the least amount of tax possible while you work to achieve your dreams.
The “other guys” offer the same old solutions, year after year. That means paying too much tax! I give you customized strategies. You profit from personalized solutions for your situation that reduce your tax.
The “other guys” offer business as usual. I give you flexible planning. You enjoy complete certainty that you’re making the right decisions for your business.
The “other guys” offer “see you next year” service, with limited contacts except at tax time. (And invoices for phone calls and even emails!) I offer ongoing support. That means year-round contact, support, direction, and accountability.
What’s the bottom line?
- I empower you to achieve your dreams.
- I educate you in a language you understand – (I save the CPA gobbledy goop for all those lively CPA membership club meetings)
- I highlight areas in which you are strong and those that need improvement
- I help you set goals and help hold you accountable to achieve your dreams
- I design and help you implement innovative, customized tax strategies that minimize your taxes and your risk of audit
Personalized Proactive Tax Strategy
The process starts with your personalized ProActive Tax Strategy. Here’s how it works:
- You start with a brief interview. I want to hear about where you are now, and where you want to be. I’ll ask a few easy questions about your current situation and from that determine the best Proactive Tax Strategy program for you
- You’ll complete our brief Tax Questionnaire. This is where you tell me your financial, business and investment goals and where your money currently goes. I’ll need copies of your past tax return and a little information on each business entity (S Corporation, LLC, Limited Partnership, etc) that you currently have set up. It’s all in the Tax Questionnaire and I’m here to help you if you have more questions. The more information you give me, the better job I’ll do.
- I will review your information and develops a comprehensive Proactive Tax Strategy. This process typically takes two weeks so I can research your best possible options. This is the stage where the cool things happen! In fact, the average savings for a taxpayer as a result of their Tax Strategy plan was over $14,000 per year!
- I’ll review the details of your plan and to get your feedback. Typically, this meeting lasts about an hour. It’s so packed with information, though, that I write up your customized strategy so you won’t miss a thing!
- You get a written strategy plan, along with information on all available deductions, credits, loopholes, and strategies.
- About two weeks after the initial meeting, you can have a second follow-up phone call with me to cover the details of the first meeting again or to go through new questions you’ve uncovered.